You can now set up a direct connection to Bandcamp, and your sales will be automatically imported into IC!
How to set it up:
- In IC, navigate to Account -> Account Settings
- Scroll down to the Direct Connections menu, click on the Bandcamp link in the box pictured below, and follow the instructions on the next page.
Once a member of our Support team has received your direct connection request and completed setup from our end, the Bandcamp Direct Connection will show ✓ Enabled and your Bandcamp data will begin to automatically import into your account at your set schedule!
Otherwise, here's how to get the data:
- Log into Bandcamp
- Select "Tools" from the dropdown in the upper right corner
- In the Reports section select "raw data report"
- Make sure to include: payment details, items details, buyer details
- Select the desired date range and click "export raw data report"
Importing into IC
- In IC, navigate to Royalties -> Data Imports
- Select Bandcamp or Bandcamp (Edited) from importer drop down menu.
- For unedited Bandcamp files, use the Bandcamp importer. If for any reason your data needs to be edited or changed prior to importing, use the Bandcamp (edited) option.
How we process the data
- Our importer maps the net amount column of Bandcamp data in order to calculate the total of each transaction. In doing so, IC automatically deducts the transaction and Bandcamp fees from each transaction; we *also* deduct a hidden 1% fee that PayPal charges you when Bandcamp transfers you the funds.
- Additional fees - like VAT / tax or shipping totals - are not mapped or brought into IC, as these totals are typically reconciled outside of royalty accounting.